Sunday, February 16, 2014

Spaghetti with Clams in Tomato Sauce

I went to the market on Saturday morning and found out that tomatoes are cheap nowadays costing about P15-P20. I immediately bought a kilo. I decided to make tomato sauce for pasta since I bought some clams the day before.


Clams


Removed from shell



I reduced the liquid from the clams. I reserved this to be combined in the sauce. It will make the sauce very tasty. Cook the pasta al dente while doing this.

Because I am too lazy to make the sauce the harder way, I opt to do a shortcut. I pureed the tomatoes, 2 onions and garlic in the blender. Sauce with clams tastes better with the distinct flavor of garlic in it.


I sauteed some minced garlic in oil and then poured the pureed tomatoes in the pan. The puree will look too pale but as the sauce cooks and thickens, the color will turn bright. Put salt and pepper to taste. I put the pasta and voila! The spaghetti with clams in tomato sauce is made! You can put some clams in shell for added presentation. Top with basil or parmesan for added flavor!


 Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment