Thursday, February 20, 2014

Nang nangitlog ang alamang!

I have an aunt who sells her leche flan. She only use the yolk of the egg. So what happens with all the egg white...she gives them to us. I am not much of a baker because the cost of baking something is more expensive than just buying it from a bakeshop. Besides the fact that my trusted sidekick eats egg white only, I use it in a variety of dishes.

Yesterday morning, I thought of cooking fried rice in the morning. We love to eat fried rice mixed with all sorts of meat in it. It's like 2 in 1. Rice and viand in one dish. I went to my cupboard and inside my fridge. All I saw was a bag of dried "alamang".



I thought of bagoong rice added with the egg white. I cooked the egg white in a non-stick pan. And it looked like a round block of tofu when cooked.


I diced the egg white and then heated a tablespoon of oil in my pan. I toasted the dried alamang. Sauteed some minced garlic and put the cooked rice in it.



 The diced egg white resembles tofu. Actually, I also used this in soups as substitute to tofu.


This fried rice is very tasty and can be eaten on its own or....

Eat it with tapa!











No comments:

Post a Comment